Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not just a story

A while ago there was a story on the news about yet another small plane crash in Arizona and how the woman had ties to Utah. Nick and I looked at each other and said must have been a slow news day, huh. Well today while blogstaulking I came across the blogs for this couple from AZ. I found myself touched by the faith and strength of their family as they struggle with all that has happened.
I read the Sisters comments about taking care of the couples four children and her own infant.She has such lovely words and such a deep love for her sister. What a tragedy for such a young and lovely family.
I was frightened by my callousness of thinking that this story somehow indicated a slow news day. It was easy to feel compassion for the 10 lost in Moab. I mean I went to that doctor, And I new some of the people from SUU. I am ashamed by my apparent ability to shrug off the struggles of others who are far away and little known. In our world today i think this might be one of the symptoms of our growing apathy. Every person who dies was once held by their mother the way I hold my Coop. Is prayed for by family and friends in whose life they are an integral part.
As a World family we need to be our brothers keeper. As the world falls apart around us we need to fight for each other and remember that there is no such thing as a "slow" news day.
To read about Stephanie and Christian go to nieniedialogues.blogspot.com
Stephanie's sister cjanerun.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Annalie said...

That was a really touching post, very well said. I found myself thinking the same thing a couple of days ago about a story similar to this and it is very sad. Your a great person Tawney!

Annalie said...

sorry, I mean Tawny

BriAnne said...

That was beautiful to read. Your blog is such a beautiful window into your life and who you are, I love reading it so much and getting to know this amazing side of you! What a wonderful family you have - and what a great mom you are!