Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How to make Nick Angry

Warning read the Previous post first.
Now i extrapolated this conversation out of what I was told later, but you can get the gist. I am actually making the Cop nicer than he was!

Now Nick was sitting at Home enjoying a quiet evening while Coop and I were at our play date, when a knock come on the the door.

It was our new neighbor John, asking to borrow a ladder, but behind he comes dum.dum.dum THE COP.

Cop "Who was driving that car?"
Nick "No one"
Cop to John "are you the roommate?"
John "I was just borrowing a ladder"
Cop" Why were you walking around outside?"
John "I live next door and I was coming over to borrow a ladder"
Cop "Who was driving the car"
Nick "No one the keys are in my pocket"
Cop "Your car was just seen driving down the parkway. who was driving it"
Nick " Lets go ask the neighbors if it was gone. they have been outside all evening."
Cop "can't do that, they might be lying"
Cop" The engine feels warm"

So Nick raises the hood and they place their bare hands on the engine

Cop" yup feels warm"
Nick "But we can touch it without our skin melting off, so it was not racing down the parkway 15 minutes ago"
Cop "But it is warm. Is there a woman that drives this car?"
Nick "My wife"
Cop "Where is she?"
Nick " At The park"
Cop "so she drove the car! the report that was filed said it was a female."
Nick" I have both sets of keys and the car has been here all night, just ask the neighbors"
Cop "It doesn't matter what they say. They are probably lying"

About this time they called me.

Now for those of you who have met my husband , Have you EVER seen him truly angry? Well try calling him a liar for an hour and see what happens to my mild mannered Engineer!!!!

I thought he was going to deck the cop and get arrested.
He says he was trying to get the cop to Hit HIM!!

At the end of this amazing evening the big jerk cop goes on this soapbox about how if there was a murder and he saw some guy that fit the description. He could not just take the guys, his wife's, his entire extended family who was over for a barbecues' word on it because they might be lying and a crime has been committed and you are "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT"

I Think The System Might be Broken.

4 comments:

AggieMay said...

wow. I don't know what else to say... cops like that are EXACTLY why people hate cops. Good grief. Hope you have a lot LESS drama in the upcoming days and weeks. :)

The Staheli's said...

Honestly...that is SO awful! No wonder he was mad!!! How frustrating.

melonamc said...

So, did you get a citation? I'm thinking that might be a good think, cuz this officer definately needs to have some sort of reprimand! I'd like to see him explain to a judge how he decided you were the one he was looking for!

Unknown said...

THat is crazy! I cant believe it! What a jerk on a power trip. Cordelle will get a kick out of this story, I will share. Sorry. Good thing Nick is a fair tempered guy.