Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Overheard

While I was taking a light doze, I heard the following conversation during lunch in the faculty lounge:


Teacher #1: Look at that!
Teacher #2: I feel so sorry for her she looks exhausted.
Teacher #3: She is not due till the summer right?
#2: No, 2 weeks before school ends I think.
#3: Does she have enough sick leave to cover it?
#1: I don't know.
#2: It is the end of the year we can all cover her classes if she needs it.....


Then I drifted off.
I am so lucky to work with such an amazing group of people, whom I respect, admire and Adore!!!!
Please Note: These were all MEN!

And P.S. I AM Exhausted!!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, Tawny. I'm sorry. Pregnancy is the pits. Do you want to come drop Cooper off and get some extra rest? I need to bring Catching Fire back to you. We need to do our visiting teaching. Did you hear that our route changed again? Would you like me to bring some cookies to you? You should go float in the pool; it's open now. I don't think I ever use semi colons properly.

I can't think of any more random comments. I've put off my homework long enough... ugh...

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

ah, that was very sweet. and quite unbelievable that those were male voices.

i personally never made it to 35 weeks, but i hated weeks 33 and 34 so much that i didn't have high hopes for 35. but it is so exciting that he is almost here!

Jess said...

BIG CONGRATS on the new brother :D I can't wait to see pictures!!! I hope the delivery is very quick and amazing!!So SO happy for you guys!!

Jenn said...

Wow, I am so impressed. I was imaging middle aged Mom's saying all of that. You do work with awesome people. I know you are exhausted and feel...well...great with child, but you looked amazing today! Love ya.