Monday, May 31, 2010

Dear Grandma

Thanks for coming to stay with us!!


Please Come Back soon!!!


We love you.


We were so spoiled this last week. My Mom came and stayed with us. My Mom is an amazing woman, who is the BEST grandma around. My only worry is that when Nick goes back to work after Memorial Day, real-life will hit hard when it is truly just me and the boys all day long!

When we decided to get pregnant I was worried (still am) about how i could possibly handle two kids. i worry that Coop will never forgive me for messing up the good thing we had going. One day I was looking through some old stuff and I read the first entry my Mom had written in the journal she kept for me when I was little. It was dated about 2 months before I was born and she expressed some of the same worries I have. Knowing that I am not alone in these fears is such a comfort.

I know the next couple of months while we get used to each other won't be easy, but I am already seeing some of the rewards when I watch how sweet and protective Coop is with "HIS BABY BROTHER".

I am so incredibly grateful for the example of my Mother. When I was pregnant with Coop, I kept thinking that if I could be a good enough Mom, that this baby would love and respect me as much as I love and respect my mom, I will have been successful.

I love you MOM!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I feel the same things about my Mom. We are lucky girls to have such wonderful examples and help and love in our lives. I am so glad for you that your Mom was there for you. But don't worry. You are a strong woman and so much will come naturally that you never believed. And if you ever need a little more, just call on a friend (hint hint)