Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday

This morning was tough, I'll be honest. Coop was in one of those funks... ladies you know the kind. Where they say they don't want something, then they do.... then they cry for like 20 minute....Awesome.
When we finally made it in to sacrament meeting, we were all calm and happy, quietly looking at our Sunday-Seek-and-Find when Coop noticed that all sorts of people were going up on the stand to talk. ie. "fast and testimony meeting"
Coop: "I want a turn".
I kind of just let it go, but when the next person got up.
Coop: "I'm never gonna get a turn".
So I told him he could go up if he wanted, but then he didn't. Then when the next person stated..
Coop: "ahh, I next"
So I took him up on the stand. He didn't want to sit with me, he didn't want me to help him. The meeting was running late, so he was last.
 He picked up a stool. (I had to get him a taller one) He climbed up and put his mouth right to the microphone.
And I whispered in his ear....and he said.....without a stammer or mumble..


"Thank you for Jesus
Thank you for my family
Thank you for Sister Jensen
In the name of Jesus Christ
Amen"
I am so proud of my boy.
He is Growing up so fast.
I am one Lucky Momma.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I was proud of you too Coop, it was a beautiful testimony! Keep it up.

Sean Hurst said...

Makes a mama melt. Glad there was something good to come out of it.

AggieMay said...

Dang- signed in as Sean--- sorry that was ME not him. You would know that though.

The Staheli's said...

Awwww!!! So sweet! What a big boy. :)

Elise said...

Aww...good job, cooper! I was brave this Sunday, too! I think we both deserve a hot fudge Sunday for our bravery!

P.s. you're a good mom, tawny. :)