Sunday, December 11, 2011

When callings collide.

I have 2 callings.

I am the Singing Time Leader, and the Cub Scout Committee Chair.

On the 18 our primary will be joining the ward choir in singing The First Noel.  We have been practicing and the kids do such an amazing job.

On Thursday for Pack Meeting we took the Cub Scouts caroling.  We had two flat bed trailers full of scouts and their families.  The scouts ran to knock on doors and sang their hearts out.

We stopped at the home of a sweet sister who fell ill quite suddenly about the time Jacks was born.  We all went to her front door and my sweet little scouts sang The First Noel.  They remembered the words, and sounded wonderful.  I could feel the spirit and the love that they were pouring into the home of this hurting family.

I believe in the power of music, and Christmas Carols are even more inviting to the spirit than most.

This sweet sister died last night.  In Primary today I expressed to "my" kids how grateful I was for their willingness to serve and share their talents and enthusiasm.  I told them I was proud of the job they did, and that they should be glad that they participated in bringing Christmas joy to this family.

That is what Christmas is about....

No comments: