Monday, June 25, 2012

This Week....

I am a "project". 
I think the Bishop feels bad. 
The Relief Society is bringing meals. 
The Primary Secretary came and vacuumed my floors.

I am already desperately lonely for Nick. and a little overwhelmed with all that is on my plate.

 I have been valiantly striving to complete all my physical therapy homework. I can lift my leg AND extend through my knee, not well, but still. 

I have discovered that my children's behavior is directly proportional to the amount/quality of attention I give them. Thereby making Bad Knee days just plain Bad Days.

3 comments:

AggieMay said...

Hang in there. I heard an excellent talk by Sheri Dew in Moab and she mentioned that we need to learn to RECEIVE. The Lord GIVES so much to us that we need to learn to RECEIVE what he has offered. As women- it's a very hard thing to do. I hate it in fact. Unless it's my birthday and then I welcome the opportunity to receive.

Healing thoughts and prayers for you, love. May the clean floors inspire your children to love each other and share and NOT have melt downs....hey- dream big right?

Annalie said...

It's not called being a project, it's called karma. If you are willing to let your husband go on a week long camp out with the scouts, weeks after having a major knee surgery then you deserve to have someone bring you a meal and clean your floors. :) You are super woman!

Elise said...

This from the woman who single-handedly packed up my laundry room when I had to move. And the woman who brought me cinnamon rolls when I had swine flu. And the woman who always took my kids for long walks when I had a newborn. Yes, Tawny, time to learn how to RECEIVE.

And I totally get what you're saying about kids and the naughtiness/quality attention correlation. Finding balance is an everyday struggle over here.

Hang in there. :)