Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fought the Good Fight.

Today is Pink Day at school.  To support this amazing lady.

My first year teaching was hard.  Coop was 12 weeks old when I started and I dragged him everywhere with me.  Sometimes I felt left out and young in the midst of all the amazing and experienced teachers at my school.
Paula always treated me like an important member of our faculty family.  She taught the FACS class so she even had me bring Coop in to talk to her class about new babies.  She invited me back last year to talk about pregnancy.

She is amazing and positive.
Four years ago she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer.  
Last night her journey on this earth ended.  
She leaves behind her young family and our School Family.
Good-bye Paula

2 comments:

AggieMay said...

Aw- this made me cry. Love you. Paula was obviously loved and will be forever more. I did get your call the other day. Lame-o I just haven't returned it yet. I will. I love you.

Jenn said...

My heart goes out to her family and to you. Thank you for sharing her story. I am grateful to know that before she left this mortal life she left positive impressions on you, and other's I'm sure.