Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanks to some Seriously over exaggerated 
"Storm Warnings".  
I wasted a personal day and we started our Vacation Tuesday.

A 7 hour drive (with NO Storminess) to the in-laws and we were good to go!

Wednesday was quiet and nice.  
While my in-laws watched my sleeping kids 
all the Adult children headed out to see Harry Potter. 

Thursday there was a lot of cooking and waiting...
ya see Nicks oldest Brother is ALWAYS late, 
luckily most of the Thanksgiving dishes weren't half-bad cold.
I ate a lot of potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato salad, candied Yams and Sweet Potatoes...YUM.  And Coop got a sweet Bruise over his eye while ducking to avoid his curling-iron-wielding cousin.

Friday we drove 40 minutes to find some snow and do some sledding.  
Did I mention that the"Storm Warnings"  Were a little bit over exaggerated?  
It was so much fun, Coop loved the "Deep Snow"  and got soaked. 
 I brought him extra pants but not socks and shoes, so when we stopped at the store on the way home I got the "You brought your child outside in this weather without shoes on "  look from a lot of people.

Saturday we helped clean my in-laws house so they could host the lunch for my new nephews baby blessing on Sunday.  
This Nephew was named Karl after Nicks grandpa, just like Jacks middle name!!

Sunday we packed up, went to the blessing and headed home.  
We Stopped at my parents house for 2 hours .
 And luckily Grandma had snow right in her backyard and Coop got to play in it again.
Then we spent another 6 hours on the road,
 because that "Big Storm" from Tuesday, finally caught up with us.

Jacks was not pleased.... Have I mentioned 
that he HATES his car seat!

I'm Thankful for:
Our Parents
Safe Travel
Snow/Sledding
Nick 
Cooper 
Jacks

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for you!

The Staheli's said...

Looks like fun! We ran into a nasty drive home too. Oh well...family and sledding and food...guess it's worth it. Happy Holidays to you and your super cute family!