Friday, November 16, 2012

Birthday

Nick asked me what I want for my birthday. The only thing I can think of, that I genuinely want...is to run. To put on my running shoes and run the trail that is so close to my house.

 Surgery did not exactly go as planned, when they got in there they realized there was a lot more damage then they originally thought. I have lost a lot of cartilage and basically destroyed the stuff in my knee that would make it possible for me to start running again.

That's it, just like that. One stupid fall and I can't run again. Ever.

 So here I sit 3 weeks after surgery, on bed rest to try and get the swelling and pain under control. Hoping for no more Emergency Ultrasounds or CT Scans to check for blood clots.  2 more weeks minimum before I can go back to work.






 My Birthday is tomorrow, and all I really want to do...is run.

2 comments:

AggieMay said...

I love you and I'm sorry.

Elise said...

I'm so sorry, Tawny.

I wish sorry could magically grow cartilage. :(