Thursday, July 29, 2010

We'll bring the world his Truth

Two Sundays ago I was asked to speak for a few minutes about how I could raise my little boys with a knowledge of the priesthood and why it is so important.

At the time I completely froze, I was disorganized and didn't really say what I wanted to. But of course I have been thinking non-stop since about what I meant to say.

There is an amazing Primary song entitled The Army of Helaman.
In The Book of Mormon there is a story about a group of very young men who were led into a battle by a leader named Helaman. Many of these young men grew up without fathers, but they state unequivocally that they know God would protect them, Because their MOTHERS knew.

That is what I want to be for my boys. Nick is an amazing example, but I want them to know that I know too!

I look forward to a future in which our home will be drenched in priesthood holders. (12 years or so) It makes it almost OK to be so outnumbered.


We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth



You don't raise heroes; you raise sons.
And if you treat them like sons,
they'll turn out to be heroes,
even if its just in your own eyes.
Walter Schirra Sr.

No comments: