Monday, October 21, 2013

Labor Day

We want camping again for Labor Day this year.
After a false start on Friday, involving A LOT of vomit, and a $250 detailing,
We headed out again Saturday afternoon.
We went to Bryce Canyon, but not TO Bryce Canyon.
We stayed in a campground at Pine Lake right outside the park.

It was Very Rainy!!
Our tent held up wonderfully,
Me not so much, it didn't help that I had to run
 Jacks to the potty, 
during the worst of the downpour.
We did some awesome "fishing"
By that I mean we sat, 
changed out bait, 
watched squirrels,
And didn't get a nibble.


We went on a road trip to check out the scenery too. 
We stopped at all the "scenic pull outs", and admired their ingenious design. (By Nick)
(One thing I have learned vacationing anywhere in the State with Nickolas, is that "Do you want to go see my project?" will always be a part of the trip.)


While we were out we stopped for some ribs, 
and decided to sing some karaoke.

So I've sung for a Long Time.
Like forever!
But I have Never, EVER sung karaoke.
It was fun.
I sang "ordinary people" by John Legend.
I love that song.
I made it about 5 seconds in, before Jacks melted down, 
because apparently I was abandoning him. 
 So I spent the rest of the song with small children 
(yup Coop too), 
wrapped around my legs.


I am very grateful that we got to spend this time together, especially because the next couple of weeks went to heck in a hand basket for me.
.......that's a post for another day.....but probably not.

No comments: