Friday, May 9, 2008

Five Years--May 10, 2003

Words cannot express how Thankful I am that Nick married me. Five years ago today was the happiest day of my life.


For those of you who don't know the story, here is how we met:
In 2002 Nick decided to come back to college after returning from his mission. He moved into an apartment in my building, now you might be thinking "oh that is so cute" and sure it might have been if I didn't have a huge crush on his roommate!! In order to catch the fleeting glimpses that I craved of Kevin ( who was a study-holic) I had to practically live in his apartment.
So pretty soon my crush changed subjects.
There was this girl in our ward who decided to ask Nick out and I got so mad. You see she had a missionary and was not really interested. So I confronted her and "convinced" her to back off.

For our first date I begged a friend for some free tickets to a play (because I was broke) and we went and saw Charlie Brown. He proposed November 18 while looking at the Manti Temple. Then he had to ask my Dad for the ring, which belonged to my Great-Grandmother

May 10, 2003 dawned cold and threatening rain, until my wonderful Uncle Howard did an anti-rain-dance out in the middle of the street in front of the Manti Temple. (I am not kidding, he burned feathers and everything.) The day was cold and overcast but it did not rain!!!
And 5 years and one Cooper later we are still here and living to the best of our abilities our "Happily Ever After".

Thank you all for being a part of our lives!!!

No comments: