Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last Day of school

Today is my last day of teaching school. I am leaving with mixed emotions. Here are the top Five!!
#1 I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunity I have had to teach this year. I feel, so fortunate that I found work not just in the same city as Nick, but right down the street from him, and so close to Coopers Daycare.
#2 I am so grateful to be teaching something I love!! I look forward to school everyday and teaching my students to love the art of creating with clay.
#3 I am blown away and touched every day by my students and their potential. I wish They could see themselves the way I do!! Even when I am disappointed by their choices, I see who they can be and want to fight for them. My kids are so incredible, I am so lucky to get to share a semester of their lives.
#4 I have been allowed by my wonderful administrators to bring Cooper to every faculty meeting and keep him with me whenever there are not students on campus. They have been extremely supportive and have made it less difficult to be a "working Mom".
#5 I am so glad I have the next two and a half months off, and it will be weird to still get a paycheck!! Staying home with Cooper is going to be so very exciting and different and I am looking forward to all the new challenges that will come.

Teaching is the best job for a Mom and I am so glad I have the opportunity to help my family make thier way and help my students find their place.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I LOVE that you love to teach :) So are ya in the new house yet?? We, as in the kids and I would love to come over on Tuesday if it's in the evening??? Let me know and we will be there :)