Friday, January 9, 2009

Introspection


Sorry that life has gotten away with us and I havent been heard from in a while.

School started Monday..........which means Monday Morning I kissed my sweet baby and left him in the care of someone else.

We had such a wonderful two weeks together. Cooper is so smart and such a little personality. It was a joy cuddling him in the morning, going on walks,watching movies and building towers together.

I don't regret my choice to be a "working Mom" but sometimes it does make me sad.
I have been extremely lucky not to miss any of his "Firsts" which I know is a great fear among "working Moms", but all the little things are so important too!
Cooper has been quite obliging and taken 3 hours naps every day so I only miss four hours of his waking time, but still.

Yesterday I was talking to a man who I have great respect for, and he said " I am glad my wife chose to stay home with our kids".
Which is the harder choice?

Coop love playing all day with the kids at Daycare, which he doesn't have at home with just me, but he doesn't have me.

This kid has me bewitched heart and soul. I miss him all day, and I try every day to be sure that he and Nick come first, and I hope he knows that.


Christmas and vacation posts next week!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Tawny, I have done both been a working mom and a stay at home mom. I see both sides of the story. Both decisions are very difficult and heartbreaking for different reasons. My belief is that a mother should be at home and that at times can be difficult a very hard decision. I truly believe each women decides what is best for her and her family. Everyone has different lives and situations. I am glad you have been there for all of his firsts and hope that the same luck will continue in 2009.

TAMPA said...

K... I watch you with that boy.. and you are amazing. I don't have my own kids, so probably can't relate to how you feel... but this I know, from what I have seen... he knows how much you love him, and I think Coop will always know that no matter what you decide.. :>)

melonamc said...

I have also been on both sides. It is so hard to leave you little ones, no matter who they are with. Dannik was w/ his Daddy at the art school all day, but I still felt like I was missing out!
And then when you stay at home, sometimes you envy those moms who get to go out & do other things than be w/ their little ones.
Once it was time for me to quit & we followed what we knew the Lord wanted for OUR family, I haven't regretted staying at home at all!
The ultimate choice is between you & Nick & Heavenly Father. You decide what is best & what is needed for your family at each particular time in your life.
You are a great Mom & your little guy gets the love that he deserves and needs. So proud of you!