Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My First Ride in a Police Car.

Today I fell.
I slipped on some slip (watery clay) in Ceramics and dislocated my knee....

....no not that knee, the other knee.

I went down,
           there was cussing...sorry.

I had to push the knee cap back on
                                        ...OUCH!

The Athletic director, brought me crutches, wrapped and iced my knee.  Check out my dirty leg!!


The Student Resource Officer drove me to Work Med
(no lights or sirens) :(

Work Med gave me a knee immobilizer, and Brand New Crutches!!
Yeah!
(are you sensing my sarcasm?..good, cause I am laying it on really thick!!)

I have an appointment with a new orthopedic doctor tomorrow.

lets hope for NO surgery, I can't do that again.

A sad thing is I was starting to feel normal again.  My left leg is still weak, but it is doing so much better!! When I fell, my first thought was at least it is not my bad knee, but I am starting to rethink that because, I can't get up from sitting position, or in and out of a car without help because my left leg, just doesn't have the strength to handle it!!
So swollen!!

 The worst part was picking up my boys after school and seeing their faces when they saw my Crutches...
This summer didn't just suck for me, it was also super not fun for my boys!
.......................that's right Crutches, and reintroducing..
The Ogre leg.
I don't think I ever posted a picture of my joyous contraption!!  It is a lot better quality than the one from work med so It has been dusted off and put back into service.

Have I mentioned I am so MAD about this...like LIVID!

We will see what tomorrow brings!


2 comments:

Elise said...

I hate to use the S word.

But...

That SUCKS.

Also, you slipped on something called SLIP. Come on, Tawny! If you have anything called Wedgie or Whirly or Pink Belly, maybe approach with caution... ;)

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

I am catching up on blogs...this is the saddest thing! Sorry Tawni! That is terrible :(