Friday, October 3, 2008

The Divine Role of Mothers

My Beautiful Son fills the width, breadth and depth of my Soul.
No other job is more important or divine than my role as his mom.

What can be more beautiful or right? I feel truly blessed to be a Mom and truly humbled to have this amazing spirit in my care.
I am tagging everyone who reads this to post how you feel about being a mom with your feelings and favorite things. (or even what you are looking forward to most!! Nikki:))

Here are some of mine

I love coming into Coop's room first thing in the morning. Even if he has been fussing, he gets a huge grin as soon as he sees me. I feel like I am doing something amazing just by picking him up and cuddling him.

I love that he LETS me cuddle him first thing in the morning.

I love that he has totally fallen for the "if mom kisses it, it feels better" thing.

I love his sweet precious baby hugs and that if I tell him I love him, he blows me a kiss.

I love how excited he gets every time he sees a picture of Jesus, Pointing and smiling. He knows our Savior so much better than I do.

I love the way his Bum wiggles when he runs.

I love that he is obsessed with older gentlemen and insists on visiting all of them during Sacrament meeting.

I love his sweet passionate baby Kisses, even if sometimes they can last an uncomfortably long time.

2 comments:

Kirk said...

I can't believe it has been this long since I have seen you. Congrats on the little guy. He is soo cute! Hope all is going well.
-keli

melonamc said...

I love being a mom when my kids fight over who gets to sit next to me durring scriptures, even though they've spent the whole day w/ me & I may have been a bit grumpy.

I love when Markay wakes in the morning before me and comes in to cuddle w/ me in bed. Or cuddling w/ all the kids while watching cartoons in the morning.

I also love that my kisses and hugs are magic and can heal almost all booboos (though to my chagrin, Dannik has started to outgrow this).

I love that my kids are inlove w/ music and cry when I can't sing them a lullaby at night.

There are too many things to list everything... so mostly, I love that they teach me every day about the unconditional and endless love of our Father in Heaven. I am SO thankful to be a mom!