Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trust Me...

Yesterday Coop pulled a door over his toe...Sheared off the skin, pulled off the nail.
Oh man it hurt.
He cried.
I carried him to the bathroom and held his hand.
I tried to wipe the blood away and he told me NO.. squirmed and cried some more.
I took a deep breath looked in his eyes and said 
"Do You Trust Me"
"Yes"
So he held still and the whole time I was praying that I deserved that trust, and more importantly that I wouldn't lose it.

I realized at that moment how much I need him to trust me, how much I need to be trustworthy.


I make decisions for my kids everyday and I Need them to be the Right decisions.

We have chosen a new Daycare.
It was hard, I went to the temple 2X in 4 days.
I struggled with this decision because it is a short term solution.
In my gut I know it is the right place for my boys to be, but in my head and heart I know it is just for this next school year, and that I will have to do this all over again next year.
That Terrifies me.  
One year with new people in a new place, one year in a school for Cooper, and then finding another solution.

The new place is gorgeous, the lady in charge is so sweet and I got excellent references from her since she used to work for the School District.
Coopers school is a good school.  The Kindergarten teachers are enthusiastic and excited about the work they do.


The RIGHT decision.


Hopefully the "Trustworthy" decision.

 My Boys watching Daddy mow the lawn



2 comments:

Jenn said...

okay, that middle picture of Coop makes him look like he is 7 years old...Wow he is growing up fast!

Jenn said...

...those are beautifully and painfully true thoughts...here here. I love you.