Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

I have had some hard teaching years. 
 My first year teaching, was also my first year as a mom, in a new city, with no support system.
 My second year I taught a FULL day of art at the middle school and a full day of Ceramics at the high school. 
 My third year, I was at the high school all day but I was teaching Ceramics and French. 
 Then I had Jacks, and Year Four, and Year Five, weren't bad.
 I kind of wish I had skipped year six completely though.

 At the end of the very first day of school this year, I was sitting in my room, exhausted, hurting, and crying. My friend Kolten was there and I told him I wasn't sure if I would be able to do this. You know, make it all the way to May. 

Then fast forward 1 month, to when I fell, and I was once again exhausted, hurting, and crying. May felt so far away. 

 After the 5 weeks I missed second quarter, the light at the end of the tunnel.....May, may as well have been in Timbuktu. 

On the hardest days of the year "just make it to May" is all I think, what I held onto. 

 Today is May.....now I just have to remember to keep breathing for 3 more weeks.

 Hello May. Glad you are here. 

 I am working on a very awesome project right now. I hope to have it "announce worthy" by the end of the week.

No comments: